It’s very easy and convenient to set up a business account on Instagram, you just need to follow the steps I mention below. But first, you should log in to your personal account to be able to change it. In a few words, it is only possible whilst you are connected to your mobile/cell phone.
Steps to convert your personal account to a business account
– Go to your Instagram profile and tap the three lines at the top right-hand side of the screen. Tap on settings.
– Tap account.
– Tap “Switch to Business Account” there is now an option to “Switch to Creator Account”. It depends on your preference which you use.
– I recommend that you connect your business account to a Facebook page that is linked to your business. Normally this has the same name (eg. My Instagram and Facebook page have the same name "ElMundoOk"). Or you can even choose another Facebook page of your preference. It’s up to you.
On this step, you can add additional details such as your account or business category. You can also add the contact information: email and phone number. This is how to be approachable to your potential customers or clients.
– Once you double-check the entered details, tap done. And that’s it.
– The good news is with your business or creator account you will be able to get access to features and insights. These tools are very useful to manage your business account.
– You can also change back to your personal account at any time. You just have to follow the steps above once again.