Russia is getting closer and closer especially with the new electronic visa for St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region that you can now visit by getting an online visa which was launched on October 1, 2019. I always recommend visiting this website to see if you need a visa in your travels around the world.
- What is the Online Visa for St. Petersburg?
- What are the eligible countries to get the free e-visa to St. Petersburg
- Validity of the electronic visa to St. Petersburg
- Requirements and conditions of the electronic visa
- How much does the evisa online in St. Petersburg cost
- Options to process the St. Petersburg Visa Online
- Useful resources for your trip to Russia
- Book accommodation in Russia
What is the Online Visa for St. Petersburg?
As of October 1, 2019, citizens of 53 countries can obtain an electronic visa to enter through air, naval, automobile and pedestrian checkpoints located in the territory of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region.
This facility is given to certain countries that meet the requirements such as Spain and you can travel to St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region for both tourism and business.
All communication in this process will be by email. You will receive the electronic visa for St. Petersburg to the email address that you have included in your application.
What are the eligible countries to get the free e-visa to St. Petersburg
In total there are 53 countries that can obtain the electronic visa for St. Petersburg by computer.
Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Vatican City, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Estonia, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, France, Croatia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden.
Bahrain, India, Indonesia, Iran, Qatar, China (including Taiwan), North Korea, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Turkey, the Philippines and Japan.
If you do not have nationality from the 53 nations listed, you can access support to gain a visa here.
Validity of the electronic visa to St. Petersburg
– The electronic visa is valid for regular business trips, tourism and humanitarian single entry. It is NOT valid for travel for journalists.
– The online application can be made no more than 20 days and up to 4 days before the date of entry, includes holidays and weekends.
– The e-Visa is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
– The period of stay is up to 8 days from the day of entry and provided that the e-visa is valid.
– You cannot extend the allowed time.
– This visa is valid to enter by air, naval ports, by car and crossings located in the territory of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region.
– It is not possible to enter by train.
Requirements and conditions of the electronic visa
– A valid passport from one of the 53 countries mentioned with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region. In addition, you must have enough blank space for the entry and exit stamps.
– No invitation letter to Russia or confirmations are needed. Just fill out the online application.
– Have travel insurance that covers the days of your visit.
– Print the electronic visa to show and enter St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region.
How much does the evisa online in St. Petersburg cost
This special visa is free for St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region. Therefore, you should not pay anything for the online application.
Options to process the St. Petersburg Visa Online
– On the iVisa website. This is the easiest way I found. This company has a “zero frustration policy” and customer service available 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Make sure you fill out the form (available in English and other languages) and that’s it, they will be in charge of managing your electronic visa to Saint Petersbourg and once it is processed, they will send it to you by email.
– On the official website: You do it on your own by following the instructions which are all in English. If you do something wrong or forget to fill in a data, you will not have a second chance and you will have to make a new application according to the terms and conditions. Therefore, be careful when filling out the steps in English.
Useful resources for your trip to Russia
Now that there is more peace of mind with the e-visa in Saint Petersburg and Leningrad, just use the resources below to make your trip the best possible:
Search flights to ST. Petersburg
Always remember to travel the world with travel insurance. As a blog reader, you have a 5% discount that you can apply here.
Book accommodation in Russia
To search for your accommodation you only need to enter this link and reserve your accommodation in Saint Petersburg.
Tour and excursions in ST. Petersburg
Here you can see and book tours and excursions in Russia:
VPN for internet connections in Russia
To have internet in countries with restrictions and also to use public WiFi in a secure and free way while protecting your data, I recommend you buy Express VPN to navigate in Russia while you take care of your privacy.