If you are interested in participating in the 2021 Immigrant Diversity Visa Program of the United States, you must know the procedure, dates and requirements to compete in the coveted visa lottery for citizen of the European countries, Africans, Asians, Australians, Spaniards, Peruvians, Argentines, Chileans, Uruguayans, and other nationalities of the world.
- Countries eligible for the permanent visa lottery for the year 2021
- Countries NOT eligible for the DV-2021 lottery
- Deadlines and online form to submit the electronic application
- How much does it cost to participate the Diversity Visa program?
- Requirements to participate in the DV-2021 visa draw
- Steps to follow if you are elected for permanent visas to the United States
Countries eligible for the permanent visa lottery for the year 2021
All citizens of the eligible countries of the 5 continents, including some Spanish-speaking countries, may participate in the free drawing of the 50,000 permanent residence visas (green cards) offered by the United States government by 2021, including the following Spanish-speaking countries such as Spain, Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Americas and Oceania
It should be noted that, each eligible country may only receive a maximum of 7% of the 50,000 visas available for the year 2021.
Countries NOT eligible for the DV-2021 lottery
For DV-2021, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR,and Taiwan are eligible.
The Latin American countries that cannot opt for the permanent visa draw to the United States of 2021 are the following: Brazil, Mexico, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala and Haiti.
Anyway, for the eligible and ineligible countries you can see the complete list in this official link with the instructions.
Deadlines and online form to submit the electronic application
Those interested in participating in the Diversity Inmigrant Visa Program, can submit their applications from 12PM (New York time) on October 2 until the same time on November 5, 2019, by entering this official link of the raffle for visas
How much does it cost to participate the Diversity Visa program?
It should be noted that the process for the drawing of this permanent immigrant visa is completely free and only applications made electronically will be accepted through the website specially designated by the US Department of State.
There is no fee charged to submit an electronic entry. However, if you are selected and apply for a Diversity Visa, you must pay all required visa application fees at the time of visa application and interview directly to the consular cashier at the U.S.embassy or consulate. If you are a selectee already in the United States and you apply to USCIS to adjust status, you will pay all required fees application directly to USCIS. You will receive details of required DV and immigrant visa application fees with the instructions provided.
Requirements to participate in the DV-2021 visa draw
– The main requirement is to be from one of the eligible countries that you can see in this link in English.
– A valid passport to enter the United States.
– The other requirements are very important personal data such as: names, surnames, current nationality, date of birth, sex (male or female), as they appear in your passport.
– Postal address, current country of residence, mobile numbers and landline if applicable.
– An email that is super important to register and receive communications.
– Level of studies, the highest you have when filling out the form. You must have a minimum of a high school certificate that reflects the completion of a full course of study (vocational schools or equivalent degrees are not accepted) or be a skilled worker in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to qualify (visit this website to see if your occupation qualifies) for a diversity visa.
– Marital status of applicants and related data. If you never got married you have to put Unmarried.
– Among other personal information data that are easy to find.
– Recent photograph that you must scan: of you, spouse or children included in the application. The photo or photos must have and meet some technical specifications that you can review here. Otherwise you can be disqualified to participate.
For more information, here you can enter the website of the visa raffle program.
Steps to follow if you are elected for permanent visas to the United States
Once you have completed the online form, you will receive an email with the acknowledgment of receipt and a confirmation number with which you can track the status of your application through this link.